Wednesday, January 22, 2014

SUKTEL: EVICTION NOTICES TO TWO VILLAGERS SOON Thursday, 23 January 2014 | PNS | BALANGIR | in Bhubaneswar

SUKTEL: EVICTION NOTICES TO TWO VILLAGERS SOON
Thursday, 23 January 2014 | PNS | BALANGIR | in Bhubaneswar
5
The Balangir district Collector M Muthukumar on Wednesday informed that nearly 80 per cent people of the two villages, Pardhiapali and Koindapali, affected by the Lower Suktel Irrigation Project have already been compensated and the rest 20 per cent would be given compensation very shortly.
After chairing the first project-level rehabilitation and resettlement committee meeting, the Collector said eviction notice would soon be issued to the residents of the two villages.  
“We also discussed the revocation of Section 144 at the project site and the demand of the affected people for compensation as per the new Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation Act 2013. A decision to this effect will be taken shortly,” the Collector informed. “Unless we are compensated as per the new Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation Act 2013, we will continue to oppose the project,” said a villager of Pardhiapali.
Meanwhile, the Budi Anchal Sangram Parishad continued its dharna at Pardhiaapali opposing the construction of dam while project work continued at the project site.
====================================================================



No comments:

Post a Comment